Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Some reflections and memories recalled on 19 October 2011

And, for once I write at a more reasonable hour of the day - or at least make a start on it.

We had the hurdler, Colin Jackson speak to us today - and he and the woman from Save the Children, who spoke yesterday, both sent one main message that I fould really worthwhile. Success for them was partly achieved through their own belief in themselves, their training - but for both, it was in a very large way, the fact that other people had confidence in them and believed that they could do things. It is something that has really resonated with me, not just because I am a teacher and thus in the business where we need to believe in our young charges, but also because it is often those people in whom I have placed my confidence and belief that have always risen to the occasion - and never been afraid to stop along the way and ask if in need of direction, but on the other hand, knowing that I believe that they can do things has empowered them - just as I had been empowered (and continue to be so) when people have told me how much they believe in me. Special indeed.

So, back to Euro Disney and the trip.

The parade that we watched was really over the top in such an extreme manner - but just resonated with all that Disney seems to be about. There was a scene where the people were gathered from the crowd and had a chance to dance with some of the Disney characters, but for the most part, it was a case of trying to balance experiencing the experience in real time, and then through the eye piece of a camera.

It is something I have spent quite a bit of this trip working at - trying to find the balance of being "in the moment", but also being able to take pics so that I have very real memories from the moment too!

No comments:

Post a Comment