Saturday, October 15, 2011

15 October 2011

It has been a week of such strange experiences. I have tried to capture some of this in my Facebook postings, but space is limited, and so I thought it was time to return to my blog.

First it was a case of coming to France - the country that always seems synonymous with all things romantic, fashionable, chic, and so on and so on.

It is much of that, but as I have just commented to my aunt - who I sent a text to not realising quite how late it was! - it is also a country where there are strange anomolies.

By this I can think of how beautiful the Eiffel Tower looked last night when they switched on the flashing lights - which they apparently do for 10 minutes every hour on the hour after nightfall - and we were fortunate enough to witness two displays for various reasons!

The photo does not do justice to what we saw - but, better than nothing!


But on the other hand, much of what I have personally seen and experienced also just seems to need one of the highveld serious storms that come down at the end of a dry and dusty winter and wash everything clean. However, I do believe that mother nature will have to haul out some of the jik or domestos to aid her clean of some places!

I wil be posting my ramblings and thoughts and experiences on this instead of Facebook from now on - so do pop in and see what has been happening every so often!

All my love
Wendy

This was written yesterday, but battling to post it - not sure why!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us!!!!!!!!!! And it was GREAT seeing you in Paris!!! Sending you a big hug. Anissa

    ReplyDelete