Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saturday - time to face a fear - and paint!!!

Well, managed to rise bright and early for me at least (6am) for a weekend, and so now have spent the time finishing reading through my course notes and trying to work out my plan of attack. Once again, I am aware that I am procrastinating to a large extent as I am VERY aware that the starting of this next assignment - which is going to be running concurrently with a number of my other assignments - is something that will be taking me from my comfort-zone, and so, always easier to find ways of trying to delay the inevitable - which I will probably enjoy - and find frustrating!!! :-)
We have been tasked with doing 100 smallish paintings of ourdoors - flat images and of a similar value scale, although with different colours. Some of the people on my course have already made a start, and so I KNOW that I need to and get on with it - but it is tough. I have never been one to cope with failure easily, and when I cannot get something right the first time it is a battle for me to stay on track! But - I will persevere - and as with so many other aspects of this course I have learnt that it is only in the doing that I learn things - and the people of the Virtual Art Academy's Virtual Campus are all just such wonderful people who gently coax us - and coach us. We are mostly all on the same journey in any event, so we understand what it means to publish your work!
Well enough of the procrastination - the sun is coming up, and I really do not want to spend all my time in a VERY hot sun - all have to be done outdoors - and that is the jump from my comfort zone - I have been used to painting from pictures of photographs!
Wish me luck people!
All my love
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment