Sunday, March 6, 2011

Another day in artist's hell

This business of trying to become an artist is hard work and at times, very frustrating and soul-destroying!

Having said that, I did gather all my clobber together this morning and went outside on our pavement to go and capture the house across the road. It's all part of the assignment where we have to paint 100 smallish paintings with a focus on the colour. So we have to "block" similar colours (as the idea is to keep to 7 - 10 shapes per painting).

Yesterday worked out the back garden on a tree - and by force of things this meant that I was limiting myself to very few colours. Today was far better with the variety - but it was always a conscious decision that I needed to keep in the forefront of what I was doing and make sure that I limited the shapes to 7 to 10.

Tough, but I think I can see some progress - I hope so in any event.

It was quite funny because when I set myself up on the pavement, Mum looked at me askance and said that she did not think she could do it as there could be people who would come and have a look at what I was doing. I had a couple of drive-bys asking for directions; and then this guy stopped his car, came walking towards me and when I looked up at him rather quizzically, he said that he was just looking to see what I was doing, and on finding that it was painting, he wanted to know whether I sold any of my paintings. Had to tell him that I was just at the start of my course and I was really not all that good so I had nothing he could think of buying! Oh well, guess that is something by way of a compliment - may also have been that he was trying to make conversation and that was the next thing that came to his mind.

Oh well, all for the time being. Am going to go and have a snooze as am starting to fall asleep at computer - which is silly!

All my love
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment