Wednesday, December 7, 2011

7 December 2011 - A start!

I believe that poor Mum has been fielding questions from a host of people complaining about the fact that I have not updated my blog - well,get ready for what will hopefully (worst case scenario) become a serialised "trip journey" of the trip to Somerset, and a little of this week!

First off, I have to say that I CANNOT believe how quickly this time has come. I know that I have been writing odd comments about my return, but it still seemed SO long away, and now it is just around the corner, and while there is a part of me so excited about going back home, there is an equally large part of me that will leave here with a VERY heavy heart!

This trip has been so very special in so many ways, not the least of which the fact that I have had the chance to get to spend time with, and thus get to know, my uncle and aunt and my cousins and their respective partners/families - and what a treat that has been.

My aunt has been so very, very generous with her love, time and just everything! It was her birthday this past Monday (5 December), and I recalled my "lead up" to my time here and how anxious I had been about the whole situation with regards coming over here and "imposing" myself on my family and how generous my aunt had been in terms of her reassurances and telling me that I was to try and put all of that aside and regard this as my "second home". She was not exaggerating or telling me things to allay fears that were not meant most sincerely. I have been welcomed and made to feel a part of the family with such warmth and love, it has been incredible. Thanks so much Aunt Pam and all the family here!

Okay, where to start? I am caught in a quandary as to whether I should serialise things or whether I should simply write and then go from there - but as I write, I realise that it is necessary to do the latter as this will help make things a little more clear for all who do read this!

So, I will "publish this post", with a pic of the gorgeous ornament about which I wrote in my last entry that Dee gave as a memento of our trip to Bath, and then start on the serialisation of my trip - you do realise that this is most taxing when I am meant to be "on holiday"!

Much love, none the less.



No comments:

Post a Comment